April 12, 2010

Fourteen weeks left today

I never thought we'd make it to this point. You're told that a miscarriage means you're fertile. You're told that you're the most fertile after one. But I never thought we'd make it to 26 weeks.

Our little girl made it 17 weeks past Morgan. She beat the massive blood clot that grew right next to her. She defeated the odds the doctors gave her, laughing in the face of a 30-percent survival rate. Amelia grew and grew.

I'm truly amazed at the miracle this child is. While all children are a blessing, this one is a fighter. I'm so proud of her, and deep down, I know this scrappy attitude will most likely come back to haunt her daddy and I!

At 6.5 months, her eyes are starting to open and she weighs about two pounds. Unbelievable. Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment