March 2, 2010

Day care update No. 1

Friday night, we headed to a woman's house close to our house. She has an in-home day care, which I found on Craigslist. My expectations weren't the highest, but I thought it was at least a place we check out first. Boy, was that a mistake! She didn't show us around the house (despite us prompting), she had to get the certification and license that is required by the day (why wouldn't you offer that first?) and a whole host of other negatives. So, she's crossed off.

Then, on Monday, we stopped by a bigger day care on Route 30. While exciting and much better organized, Brent and I went into sticker shock. This baby isn't even out of my womb yet, and she's going to cost a fortune! We go to see a few more in the next week and a half. Hopefully, some place will meet our needs, expectations and budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment