March 8, 2010

Now, it's official

On Sunday, we were lounging around before heading to Mass. I was on the couch, and Brent in the papazon chair. (You know, those things that Pier 1 sells.)

The baby has been rolling a lot more lately, and every so often the kicking/punching ups the power amps. As my stomach came under assault, I hurriedly told hubby to come over. He jumped up, spilling a few drops of coffee and sending the puppy flying off his lap.

(Now, usually, he'll get to me and then there's nothing. Or, there's movement, but only I can feel it from the inside.)

I told him to stick both hands on my tummy. And then, WHAM, a big kick/punch right below my bellybutton. I stared at Brent for his reaction. He was still looking down. Annoyed at the lack of reaction, I asked, "Did you feel that?!"

His steady answer (as only Brent can answer): "I felt a fluctuation where my thumb is."

"THAT'S THE BABY, SILLY!" I half-laughed incredulously.

"Hm. Then, yeah, I felt her."  (Gotta love the German stoicism.) Just wait until he can see her moving inside of me! That will really freak him out. Although, deep down, I envy his calm nature. That is certainly going to come in handy come July.

No comments:

Post a Comment