February 12, 2010

Happy birthday, Brent!

Up at 5:30 this morning, I baked my first-ever attempt at a birthday cake. I thought I had two round pans, but alas I didn't. Just one 13-by-9 pan. After it was finished, I thought I'd cut it in half, so that I could make a layered cake,

It smelled delicious as it rose in the oven. I let it cool for about 45 minutes. Cutting it in half, I frosted the bottom layer and then moved to the top. So far, so good.

I started smearing the chocolatey goodness onto the sides. Then, it happened. The cake started to crumble and crumble and crumble. Desperately trying to keep the creation upright, I started shoving my fingers onto the icing to better smear it. (PS. That doesn't work.)

Might not look like the Ace of Cakes, but it sure will taste scrumptious! Now, for the candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment