February 24, 2010

What a world of day cares

When I thought of having a baby, images of snuggling a wriggling baby in my arms all but consumed me. And now that this little munchkin seems to be healthier than ever, reality has smacked me in the face yet again.

Brent and I are on the day care quest. I've been putting this off for five months because it seemed all too impossible. When I started researching places in the area last week, tears welled up. Not because I was happy for this baby, but more because I had this aching in my heart for Morgan. I miss that child so much. Then, guilt filled my heart for this baby. I've spent more time carrying this child. Oh, I don't know.

Anyway, I never actually thought that I'd morph into a stay-at-home Mom, but I never really pondered what would happen to the kid. After all, Lucy can roam the house, but I think certain organizations might frown upon that for children.

So, we're on the books for two local places next week. I'm looking forward to scoping out the infant rooms, but I'd rather just skip the enrollment rates. (I might need reality to pay a visit again.) Luckily, my mom has offered to supplement the daycare for baby Burkey. At least I know there's time with Momo built in the schedule for lots of hugs and snuggles during the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment