February 25, 2010

Hello, dear baby

It's official.
I can feel her!
I can feel the punching and kicking.
I can feel the wriggling and rolling.

The very first occasion was on our trek northward to Berrysburg Feb. 7. I was one day away from 17 weeks, so I didn't think anything of it. All of the books says first-timers don't feel "quickening" until 18 to 22 weeks. But as I sat in the passenger seat, I whispered to hubby, "It's moving in there. I think it's moving."

He looked over with a goofy grin as big as his head ... and only slightly pale.

At 19-and-a-half weeks, I feel her more and more. It's not quite every hour yet, but it's every once in a while. I'd describe it as a flick on the inside of my tummy or a muscle twitch. Not painful at all. Although, I hear that's not too far away.

Hey, for a healthy little one, I'll take it! (After all, she needs to perfect her lacrosse/field hockey/basketball/running skills early. Practice doesn't make perfect -- perfect practice does.

No comments:

Post a Comment