February 3, 2010

Quick update

Breathe. I'm breathing and I'm smiling and ...


Our ultrasound showed unbelievable news -- the baby is huge, the clot is small and I'm off restrictions! Oh, you should have seen the little wriggling bugger waving at us. Then, a little turn. And then a yawn! So precious. I was tired just watching.

We also found out some other news. It's (most likely) a girl! I know, I know. I was a big proponent of not finding out, but Tim asked and said he couldn't be 100-percent positive. So... I said OK. I think Brent nearly fell out of his chair.

I'm glad we know, though. Strangely enough, it makes me even more excited to know. And I feel like I have this overwhelming sense of connection with her now. Instead of him/her or he/she, it's less complicated. Of course, if the baby is a boy, he'll certainly be confused by the time he arrives!
Check out how big! You can see her baby teeth forming above the gumline, her spine and ribcage. It doesn't do the ultrasound justice at all, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment