May 10, 2010

A belated Mother's Day

What a bittersweet holiday.

It was so wonderful to celebrate Mother's Day with my husband at Mass when they did a special mom and mom-to-be blessing. And we ate brunch at the Milton Inn with my parents and brother. (One of the specials? Lump crab omelet. Delicious!)

But a smidge of me -- well more than a smidge -- missed Morgan. I must admit when we found out we were pregnant, Brent and I talked about how for the next Mother's Day and Father's Day, we'd have a little one all to ourselves.

Yes, we have beautiful Amelia growing and kicking and rolling around inside of me. And I am so in love with this little person who I haven't even met yet. But I want to remember our first child, who flew to Heaven on angel's wings. Because, after all, Morgan made me a mom, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment