May 13, 2010

Go to the head of the class

We're finished with two of the four-class baby series. Two Wednesday ago, we learned about the "happy" stages of labor, which is stage one. Nothing much happening and things are moving right along.

Last night, I wished that I could have just stopped learning right there. Last night, the class was much different filled with painful words, pictures and a movie. "But," exclaimed the teacher, we'll get down and dirty next Wednesday. (I think I'm coming down with a cold ... I might have to miss.)

Still, I did learn a lot. We talked about "relaxation" techniques, which felt great 12 hours ago. In the heat of the moment, well, I guess we'll find out. At least I feel armed with more useful information of what to do. The first class was more an overview of this is what is going to happen, when and how to time contractions and tips for the coach.

I think there's a line between learning enough that you are not fearful of the unknown and learning too much. I'm not sure where I am right now ... but next week's class does not look promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment