November 2, 2009

All Souls Day for Morgan

Sunday was All Saints Day, and today is All Souls Day.

St. Joseph Church sent Brent and I an invitation to remember and celebrate the life of "Infant Burkey."
(I guess they hadn't seen that we named our first child together.)

At 7 tonight, there's a Mass that will honor all of those who have left this world too soon in the past year. And all of the names will be read aloud.

When we received the invitation, we immediately responded saying the parents of Morgan Ashland Burkey will be in attendance.
The parents.
The mom and dad.
Morgan's mommy and daddy.

When that name is spoken in prayer from the pulpit, well, I'm just not sure if I'll hold up.

It's not fair. It's just not FAIR. And I still don't get it. I don't get the point. I don't get the reason. And sometimes I just don't care to know that reason or reasons. Because it doesn't bring my child back to me. It doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment