November 9, 2009

P-A-R-T-Y? Because Tom's engaged!

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but my littler brother's engaged. Can you believe it? Hit bit the bullet and is officially off the market. I know, I know, ladies. Yes, he's quite attractive (creepy to write), but he's picked his flower from the fields.


And Saturday night we painted the town red. As in red wine, that is. Tom and Jess' engagement party was at Cafe Troia in Towson. Mom and Dad pulled out all the stops (after all, if it's worth doing, do it right!). Brent and I arrived early to steal a little one-on-one time with the fam. Soon, her family trickled into the beautiful restaurant. And, then the volume rose as my family piled in. We feasted on butterfly lambchops, the largest shrimp I've seen on a stick, crabballs (did you expect anything less?) and, of course, wine. Brent's favorite was actually the Italian beer. (I'll have to remember that one.)

My dad gave his welcome speech (he's known for his words), and then we played this great ice-breaker game. It sounds a little corny, but bear with me.

Mom and Dad put one fact about each person in attendance. Then, the index cards were divvied up. Jess' family members had facts about us, and we, them. The object of the exercise was to find the person who was on your card. It was hilarious. I think some people there didn't even know the fact was about them. (Present company included. Oops.)

Anyway, we rolled home to the Burkey household around 11:30 that night -- bellies full and faces hurting from the laughing. It's refreshing to celebrate good news lately. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment