December 22, 2009

How great was that snowstorm?

I must admit that I didn't believe the weatherpeople. They've been wrong before, and they'll be wrong again.

Not this time! With inches of snow falling, hubby and I snuggled in for a snowday. We watched movies, baked cookies and played with puppy in the snow. She L-O-V-E-D the snowbanks. While Brent did all the heavy lifting clearing our walkway, Lucy ran up and down the streets licking the snow and plowing into snowbanks. She'd disappear, and then her little head would pop out of the pristine snow. Hilarious/

The part that knocked my boots off? We awoke Sunday morning to our next-door neighbors snowblowing our sidewalk and driveway! What wonderful neighbors we have! We're so blessed to have them.

I jumped out of bed before Mass, and quickly baked banana bread for them. It was the least I could do as they braved the wind and below-freezing temperatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment