December 15, 2009

Our ultrasound that melted my heart

We only got to see Morgan alive at six weeks, four days. When we saw this child, he or she is about nine weeks and so much bigger! It was unreal. When Brent and I headed to the ultrasound room, the tech zoomed in on our little one.

The baby was furiously kicking her legs and moving her arms, almost like she was waving to us! Then, all of a sudden, the baby bounced. I kid you not. The baby scrunched up and bounded upward.

What a miracle. What an incredible site to see this child doing this. (I think she gets her moves from me.)

When I was talking to a friend about this, she goes, "Well, you have a fighter in there." She couldn't be more correct. After all, this baby is a Randisi/Burkey. Did I expect anything less? And this baby is fighting for his or her life, so there's no way in hell I'm giving up on him.

No more sadness. No more downtrodden, what-if thoughts. God will take care of this child. And we will greet him or her with open arms in July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment