October 18, 2009

Acceptance and understanding can't be overrated

In the midst of despair and searching for some sort of virutal community, I discovered the Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Loss Blog Directory. It's a blog of sorts that basically aggregates other people's blogs that tell similar tales of fear, anxiety and the ultimate loss.

After reading several of the blogs, I realized that there was hope and happiness after burying a child. These blogs spoke of unimaginable loss. The same loss that camped out in my heart. The same fear that strangled my soul.

To my surprise, these same online journals revealed other secrets that I haven't yet experienced -- new life. These couples grow to have a family. Still, I'm stuck in the world with people such as God's Plan Not Mine and Empty Arms Open Heart.

But, hey, maybe I can help just one person cope better, breathe better, live better. The keepers of the directory added me to its list. And I couldn't be happier. Here's to all of the men and women who have suffered the same nightmare. The situations might not be the same, but the raw emotions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment