October 11, 2009

An organ-tastic weekend of sorts

Whirlwind. That best describes this weekend. Friday night, Brent, Lucy and I headed north to Berrysburg for Urban Folk Day, which was Saturday. What is UFD? I'm not sure words will suffice. After all, isn't the saying a picture says a thousand words? Here are two. (apple butter on top, and scapple on the bottom)

I woke up at 3 a.m. Yes, 3 a.m. Why might you ask? To stir apple butter. To jar said apple butter. To slop out ham and bean, beef vegetable and chicken corn soup to ungrateful and sometimes snippy people. To set up the Grove for the UCC church Sally and Terry attend. It's the yearly fundraiser, and this year $5,400 was raised. Not too shabby. Despite some snottiness, I enjoyed lending a hand for the second year. (I think I'm setting a precedent here.) Plus, it's something my mother-in-law and I can share. So, yes, it's worth the 3 a.m. rousing.

As Brent headed to the New York/Canada line for salmon camp, the puppy and I trekked south to York. The best part was when my parents surprised me with a Sunday afternoon visit, after an anniversary night at Allenberry. I had the pleasure of showing off Morgan's plaque.

Gosh, do I miss that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment