October 14, 2009

Happy angelversary to my little one

October 15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance day. At 7 p.m. Thursday in ALL time zones all over the world, parents will be lighting a candle for their lost ones. They'll leave it burning for an hour, causing a Wave of Light in remembrance of our wee ones. It's a time to remember our little life, not our little loss.

Your light will always burn brightly in my heart, my little angel. And to all my friends and family, if you could a light a candle for our child and all of the children who have gone before us.

Our little Burkey baby

I must send you a thank you;
Because I’m not quite sure you know;
It’s the best eight weeks and six days;
That Daddy and I have ever known.


We dreamed about your future;
We fought about your name;
We planned and planned for your arrival;
But you never came.

We never saw your smiling face;
We never heard you cry;
We never got to snuggle you close;
Instead we felt you die.


Our pain is just too much to handle;
Our loneliness too great;
Someday we know that we will meet you;
For now, we have to wait.

We’ll hold onto your memory;
Our peek inside my womb;
We watched you move and heard your heart;
We thought we’d see you soon.

You kissed my cheek to say farewell;
Our first and last embrace;
How lucky we are to have had this time;
Even if for only a trace.


Our little angel, in heaven you sit;
Above our heads and clouds and sky;
We know you’re safe from all of sin;
We wish we simply knew why.


Please know that you are always ours;
Our little Burkey baby;
We miss you, we love you, we’ll hold you soon;
Our little Burkey baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment