January 2, 2010

And, in the spirit of good luck

I present to you my first-ever New Year's Day pork and sauerkraut dish. (No applause needed. ha!)

It was simple, and I know, I know pretty much everyone told me it was simple. But, folks, you've never seen me cook. And if you have, no explanation is needed.

Anyway, the recipe from allrecipes.com was stick the pork roast in the Crock pot, pour sauerkraut over it, add caraway seeds and turn it on. Thanks to mom, she gave me the oh-so-necessary hint of heavily sprinkling brown sugar on top of the cabbage (ick) and add about a half-inch of water on the bottom. Four hours later, perfecto!



P.S. In all honesty, the reason for my foray into the slow-cooking world was because my parents scooted off to Charleston, S.C., for a romantic and fun-filled New Year's. Next year, it's back to you, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment