January 24, 2010

Making Lemonade

On Wednesday night, I traveled to Baltimore for the long-anticipated bridemaid dress fitting. Brent and I are in my brother's wedding, which is July 24. We're due July 19. See the predicament?

Naively, I thought this would be a grand ole time with the bridesmaids and, oh, won't it be fun to try on cute dresses.

"I was wrong" is the understatment of the year so far. (Good thing it's only January, right?)
Anyway, luckily my mom was there. I'm going to avoid divulging the painful details.

The key points were a) I left with no dress; b) there is no way I could have left with a dress because they don't make the dress big enough for a possibly nine-month-pregnant woman; c) I sobbed the whole way up I-83 on the phone with Brent and Megan.

Oh, the humanity! Thank goodness my future sister-in-law is a gracious, laid-back person. She said it was fine for me to find another maternity dress in silver, and then we could make a sash out of the hem from one of the girls' dresses.

So, I'm over the disappointment of having to be the odd-ball walking down the aisle. After all, how selfish is that? Everyone will be looking at Jess and Tom, not at the tent bouncing down the aisle, right? Right.

Now ... Mom and I are on the hunt for the perfect, tasteful wedding dress fit for a nine-month-pregnant or recent-newborn body. This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment