January 27, 2010

Lucky? Never thought of that

A bit ago someone told me I was lucky.

Lucky? "Sure," I was told. "Lucky you are able to get pregnant so fast."

I'm not sure if luck in the baby department is really my speed.

No. 1) I bled, saw Morgan alive, then buried our first child. (There was a 2 percent chance of the baby dying after seeing him alive.)

No. 2) I bled, saw the baby alive, then was told we had a molar pregnancy. Then, was told it was a lab error. Then, was told we have a subchorionic hematoma that was growing larger with a 60 to 65 percent miscarriage liklihood. And now we seem to be on the upswing.

When I think of lucky people, I think of my brother who seems to be in the right place at the right time -- sharing town cars to the airport with famous athletes, catching homeruns at clutch baseball games, hitting it big when the blackjack tables are hot.

I consider our latest journey an exercise in faith. I feel blessed to have the people I have around me. I know I am blessed to have this healthy baby growing. And I hope I am blessed to give birth in July. (Just not on July 23 or 24, if that's possible. Thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment