January 6, 2010

The verdict is in ...

Here's our little munchkin at 12 weeks and two days!




From what our doctor and ultrasound technician said it appears the clot is smaller. However, since it's changed shape so radically, it's difficult to assign a percentage. But, they say it looks smaller. It's also moved closer to the "exit," which is also good.

Our next appointment is 8:20 a.m. Feb. 8. Since we're still considered high-risk, we will have monthly ultrasounds in addition to ultrasounds to monitor the clot and the baby.

Our BFF Tim, the ultrasound technician, looked flabbergasted when he squirted the jelly and put on the sonographer. There was another tech in the room with him. They just said "wow" in unison. I stopped breathing.

WHAT? WHAT?

"It appears that the clot is nearly gone. Hrmph. Honestly, I was pessimistic and I thought we were going to need to plan another miscarriage surgery counseling."

I stared back at him. I had no clue that he was this down about it.

"Oh," I mumbled, trying to catch my breath. "Well, I guess that's the power of prayer."

He glanced my way and smiled, as he continued the examination. "You know, Tim," I said, "we're not the ones in control."

And I thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment